Woof Wear Mud Fever Boot
Featuring a waterproof and breathable fabric around the cannon bone to prevent overheating and a close fitting hoof capsule with Kevlar reinforced heel protection, these innovative boots will keep legs clean and dry. A shaped PU strike pad also offers brushing protection for your horse’s legs.
Some useful tips to remember when dealing with mud fever:
- Never scratch the scabs, this can lead to further infection
- Use a mild anti-bacterial shampoo for cleansing and then ensure the leg is as dry as possible before applying any appropriate creams for healing over night
- Clean your grooming brushes regularly as they can harbour bacteria if not kept clean
- Don’t use dirty horse boots it can cause unnecessary and totally avoidable rubs
- Don’t share horse boots, this is to help prevent the spread of any bacteria or other nasties
- Wash your own hands after cleaning any mud fever infected area, we recommend using gloves where possible.